This year reflect on how you can live the Gospel way of respect for creation.
Make a commitment to act on one or more of the ways listed below. When you gather with your fraternity again, share how you are living your commitment.
Make an earnest effort to be conscious of the beauty of creation by --
- Walking in solitude with nature,
- Planting a tree,
- Planting a garden,
- Feeding the birds,
- Tending your yard with non-pesticides,
- Enjoying dandelions,
- Advocating for non-hazardous waste,
- Cleaning up parks and recreational areas,
- Researching the effects of corporate hog, cattle, turkey, and chicken confinement lots,
- Writing Members of Parliament or Legislatures about environmental violence,
- Volunteering at animal shelters,
- Watching a sunrise or sunset,
- Learning about nature around us,
- Advocating for clean air and water,
- Thanking God for the beauty of creation.