- Immediately requires accessory items like utensils, straws, lids, and sleeves be provided by request only.
- Immediately requires food vendors to have compost bins for customers.
- By January 1, 2020, requires all disposable takeout foodware to be BPI certified compostable.
- By January 1, 2020, requires that all vendors charge 25 cents for hot and cold takeout cups. If a customer provides their own cup, the charge is not applied.
- By July 1, 2020, requires that all eat-in dining be in reusable foodware.
Celebrate the most comprehensive single-use plastic ordinance passed by the city of Berkeley! Here's what the bill requires:
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Disclaimer: Franciscan Voice Canada offers translations through Google Translate. Because Google Translate is an external website, we do not control the quality or accuracy of the translated content, and translations may be incorrect.
This is our place to share and dialogue. We welcome you to tell us what you think!