- Immediately requires accessory items like utensils, straws, lids, and sleeves be provided by request only.
- Immediately requires food vendors to have compost bins for customers.
- By January 1, 2020, requires all disposable takeout foodware to be BPI certified compostable.
- By January 1, 2020, requires that all vendors charge 25 cents for hot and cold takeout cups. If a customer provides their own cup, the charge is not applied.
- By July 1, 2020, requires that all eat-in dining be in reusable foodware.
Berkeley sets nationwide standard with ordinance on disposable plastic foodware
Celebrate the most comprehensive single-use plastic ordinance passed by the city of Berkeley! Here's what the bill requires:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE