St. Francis of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Fraternity - September 2019
Rule #18: ” Moreover they should respect all creatures, animate and inanimate which bear the imprint of the “Most High”, and they should strive to move from the temptation of exploiting creation to the Franciscan concept of universal kinship.”
The 7 R’s
- Reduce: use less of something
- Recycle: re-use the item and make something else with it.
- Reuse: put it into service or action again
- Respect: treat with consideration
- Refuse: avoid buying products that are not sustainable or recyclable.
- Rethink: think about how you can reuse a product or its materials.
- Repair: fix or mend items rather than buy new ones.
Did you know that you can re-order new bins if yours are damaged or missing by calling the City of Ottawa at 311? or click City of Ottawa - Recycling
1. Our fraternity has decided to reduce its footprints at meetings by recycling materials (paper, plastic, glass and compost) from our potluck meals.
2. Members are encouraged to adopt at least one new practice in their daily life and share next month.
Prepares by the JPIC Committee of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Fraternity