The fraternity has a monthly JPIC Moment. The file below is an example of a short presentation made to the fraternity by the members of their committee. The messages are simple and effective.
Get the Mini-Mag by clicking on the image to right >>>>>>>
Living Simply (Adapted from a text by Richard Foster and place in St Francis of Assisi Fraternity, PEI newsletter).
1. Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status or prestige.
2. Learn to discern the difference between a “need” and a “want”.
3. Develop a habit of giving things away.
4. Avoid unnecessary and short-lived technological gadgets that promise to “save time.”
5. Enjoy things without owning them. For example, take advantage of public libraries and parks.
6. Nurture awe and appreciation for nature. Spend more time outdoors!
7. Get out – and stay out – of debt.
8. Use plain, honest speech. Say what you mean and keep your commitments.
9. Reject anything that oppresses others. For example, buy Fair Trade products.
10. Seek God’s kingdom of love and justice foremost. If anything distracts you from that purpose, let it go.
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
This page is for fraternities to share their JPIC goals, initiatives and progress. We can learn so much from each other. Fraternities, please send us what you are doing.