1. Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status or prestige.
2. Learn to discern the difference between a “need” and a “want”.
3. Develop a habit of giving things away.
4. Avoid unnecessary and short-lived technological gadgets that promise to “save time.”
5. Enjoy things without owning them. For example, take advantage of public libraries and parks.
6. Nurture awe and appreciation for nature. Spend more time outdoors!
7. Get out – and stay out – of debt.
8. Use plain, honest speech. Say what you mean and keep your commitments.
9. Reject anything that oppresses others. For example, buy Fair Trade products.
10. Seek God’s kingdom of love and justice foremost. If anything distracts you from that purpose, let it go.