From the St. Francis of Assisi JPIC Committee (PEI)
(Mike, Marion, Maureen & Charlie) June, 2018
1. Franciscan Poverty means Living Simply BUT
How do we deal with success?
We continue our JPIC action into June in attempting to practice Franciscan poverty by making our lives simpler.
- Think of something you have at home that you don’t need but that someone else might want to use. It could be something you purchased or received as a gift.
- Bring that ‘something’ to our next fraternity meeting and place it on our sharing table.
The response by our fraternity for the May meeting was wonderful: many items were brought to the sharing table and some of these items were taken to be used by other fraternity members. There were still a number of items remaining and council ts asking for your help in deciding what to do with them. During the JPIC Moment at the June meeting, you will be asked for your guidance to the following questions:
- Could some items be donated to charity (for example, to Sister Aldona)?
- Some items are very Franciscan (books, medals, tote bags with the Tau cross, etc.); could these be distributed during the October retreat?
- If an item remains on the table after the meeting, could/should the donor take it back home?